Friday, September 5

Collared


Recently I completed a collar for a friends mother. You see she used to have tatted collars that she wore with everything and over the years has worn them so much she had worn them out and had to throw them out. I completed the collar for her birthday in August and she just had to call me and thank me profusely, that she had JUST the FROCK that she was going to wear it with. I hope she does wear it. It will mean more business for me for sure. The collars are turning out very nicely

5 comments:

DiiAnnA said...

This is so dainty and I am sure it would please any woman who received it. Keep up the good work

Maureen said...

Dear Msquared: what is the name of the edging pattern which is flowing from your shuttle at the top of the post? It's lovely! The thread is so silky-looking.

Jane Eborall said...

VERY pretty. Glad you've got the addiction to tatting!! You don't need therapy - tatting IS therapy and it doesn't harm man nor beast!!! I hate to admit it but I've had it for over 50 years in spite of trying 'other things'!!!!
JaneEb

Msquared said...

Maureen,
Thank you for your comments. The pattern really does not have a name. The original pattern came from Tatting with annie orr. But the original only had the wrap around on one side and only one picot on the outside. The ring also had 4 picots. I decided to alternate the outer loop and attach at the top of the ring at the picot but decided I wanted a little more frill so I substituted picots instead of ds. basically its ds, 6p ds attach the ring is 4ds p 4ds p 4ds p cl rw, 2ds 6p separated by 1ds 2ds and attach. thats the whole pattern.
I hope you have a great time making it. if not contact me again and I will happily work out some sort of arrangement for yardage. The thread is Cebelia size 20 color #210

Unknown said...

Very pretty!